Saturday 23 December 2017

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar @ Leslie Street

December 23, 2017

Of all The Keg restaurants I've been to in Toronto, the Leslie Street restaurant really does the best prime rib of them all. I love coming here for their prime rib. 

14oz prime rib cooked to medium rare perfection with a twice baked potato (my go-to combo)

Steak with vegetables and a twice baked potato
The prime rib was definitely a much better choice than the steak

Billy Miner Pie
Can't forget to finish off with this delicious dessert! 

November 2, 2017
14 oz. Prime Rib with twice baked potato
I can always count on The Keg to cook my beef perfectly, or they'll take it back and do it again. The meat was cooked to a pinkish medium rare and was really tasty. I love the spices on the outside of the roast. The twice baked potato is also the best side dish! Yum. 

March 29, 2014
We were craving red meat, so we headed to The Keg for their classic Sirloin and Prime Rib.


12oz. Grilled Top Sirloin with vegetables and roasted garlic mashed potatoes
It was a little pinker than medium rare, but I guess it might have been hard to gauge when something that round and thick is the perfect temperature. A sirloin is a tougher cut than the New York striploin that I usually order and this was a huge chunk of meat. The mashed potatoes had the skin still in the mix (which I wasn't a fan of). It was adequate, but not particularly enjoyable.


12 oz. Prime Rib with a twice baked potato, crispy onions, horseradish and au jus on the side
The prime rib was delicious! Tender and juicy and I loved the au jus and crispy onions. The twice baked potato is definitely my favourite accompaniment.


Billy Miner Pie
Amazing mocha ice cream cake on a chocolate crumble crust with caramel and fudge drizzled on top and finished off with almonds! Wow - it plainly requires more than one person to finish such a crazy huge slice of ice cream cake (it's almost a meal in itself). Bonus: you get a free slice of this on your birthday!

Overall: It's the Keg - their specialty is affordable red meat. Enough said.
Dessert was pretty spectacular too.

No comments:

Post a Comment