Friday 30 March 2018

Panera Bread @ Yonge and Dundas

March 30, 2018
Birthday freebie! One baked good - pecan bun

August 1, 2014
Since joining the Panera Club, I've been getting some promotions. One of them was $2 off a flatbread, so I decided to grab one on my way home:
  Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread
 
I think this is the saddest flatbread I've ever seen and I can't believe it retails for $5.
I wouldn't ever pay regular price for this! There was no way it was a meal - this was barely a snack!
There was barely any chicken and it was just thrown together haphazardly;  if you're in the Yonge & Dundas area - be sure to check out the other options before coming to Panera for the flatbread.
Overall: Things I would order again are the paninis, pastries and salads. The rest of the items just weren't good. 

June 6, 2014

Panera Bread ran a free You Pick Two promotion in the Metro Newspaper for a few weeks. 
So I decided to try out as many freebie options together that I could! 
The first time I went, they ran out of a lot of food (since too many people were grabbing the free You Pick Two at lunch). So, I grabbed:
French Onion soup and 1/2 Asiago Steak Sandwich with Kettle cooked potato chips
The soup was really salty without the croutons and the cheese, but it was even saltier with them. The Asiago cheese foccacia was really doughy and lumpy, with some weird cheddar cheese and strips of rare seared steak. Not particularly appetizing, but it's free I guess. However, it would not be something I would come back and pay for. 

1/2 Asiago steak on Ciabatta, Cream of Broccoli soup and an apple. 
The cream of broccoli was much better than the French onion soup and I think the ciabatta was a better choice of bread. 

1/2 Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT and Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
The BLT was okay - at least there was quite a bit of avocado. The tortellini was kind of sad with 4 chicken strips on top of the cheesy and saucy pasta. The alfredo sauce was salty and pretty strong.  I think if you're going to try any pastas - the one I would get again is the pesto sacchettini because it had a great pesto flavour and the sacchettini was really cute and delicious. 
Side view

1/2 Chipotle Chicken Panini
Chicken, bacon, melted cheddar, tomato and a hint of the chipotle sauce. It was actually a pretty good sandwich. I think I'd rather order paninis again than the sandwiches. 

Thai Chicken Salad with Asian Sesame dressing (since they ran out of the Thai dressing)
Really interesting with romaine lettuce, Thai cashews, edamame, red peppers, carrots, cilantro and wonton strips. I actually really liked the salad - it was a good mix of the ingredients and they worked well together, I would probably order more of their salads in the future. This salad probably would have been better with Thai dressing, but the Asian Sesame was okay too. 

Cobblestone pastry
It was huge and it looked so interesting, I couldn't resist trying it out. 
Cinnamon Raisin swirl bread dough with apple spice filling and topped with streusel and white icing. 
Very different from a normal pastry - I loved the cinnamon, apple spice filling and the white icing, but I could have done without the raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment