Friday 21 April 2017

El Pollo Loco - Indio

April 21, 2017
We started off with a filling meal before heading into the fields of Coachella! This was a lesson we learned last year when we realized that food was expensive and not particularly filling inside. 

Ultimate Double Chicken bowl
I learned to order faster! I got rice, beans, salsa, chicken, cheese and avocado. The bowl was good and it was filling. I really wish they'd open up some of these restaurants in Canada.

April 23, 2016

I always thought KFC was the only chicken chain in the US, but my friends told me about El Pollo Loco which is another popular chain - so we went to grab food on our way to Coachella.


Family Sized Citrus Avocado Salad and Churros
I can't believe the salad had avocados and salsa! The salad ingredients weren't really fresh, but the citrus vinaigrette was good.
Churros are always good - even if they don't have filling like chocolate inside.


Family meal with 8 pieces of chicken, beans and rice and the salad and churros above.
We also got flour tortillas along with the meal.  The beans were really strange tasting and super mushy, but the rice and chicken were pretty good and it was rather filling for four people. 
  
Overall: Pretty good for fast food chicken (except for the mushy beans and old salad) and it was cheap - not a bad deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment