Thursday 15 October 2020

Harvey's

October 15, 2020 @ 898 Don Mills Road

Buffalo chicken poutine $4.99 small
Sweet and tangy buffalo chicken on top of squeaky cheese curds, gravy, buffalo chicken sauce and fries. This location gave a much bigger portion than the other location and there was a lot more chicken. However, I found the poutine just very strange overall since it had buffalo sauce and gravy and cheese. Something about that combination just didn't work as well. 

October 14, 2020 

Harvey's is running a half price poutine promotion with their new poutine flavours such as chicken bacon ranch and buffalo chicken. 
Chicken Bacon Ranch Poutine $4.99 small size
Pretty sizable portion, but unfortunately the ranch sauce did not translate well in this box. The box was pretty salty overall with not a lot of fried chicken, but there were a ton of fries and lots of gravy and ranch sauce. I also managed to find bits of bacon and ooey melty cheese that paired well with the gravy. Aside from the saltiness (maybe from too much ranch sauce?), I was okay with this poutine otherwise. 

Mar 5, 2019
2 original burgers for $6 promotion
Good deal for hamburgers!

June 27, 2017
Now that Harvey's isn't doing their Build-A-Bowl promotion, I had to find other Harvey's alternatives. They were offering their Angus Burger combo for $5.99.

Angus Burger (just the way I like), onion rings and a strawberry milkshake upgrade 
The angus burger was pretty good with all the toppings I love on my burger. The onion rings were just fresh from the fryer and a little oily. My milkshake was really good (super glad I upgraded). 

March 16, 2017

Harvey's introduced their Build-A-Bowl recently and started running 1/2 price promotions. It's a really good deal considering the bowl usually costs around $8 and it's a pretty filling meal by itself with a base of rice, salad or fries and then unlimited Harvey's toppings and either chicken or burger (and you get a choice of crispy, buffalo or grilled chicken or angus, veggie or original burger). 
Grilled chicken bowl with fries and crispy chicken salad bowl
These bowls were REALLY good for $4. They put all the toppings I wanted including guacamole and those yummy crispy noodles. I didn't really know if I would like the fry bowl, but it turned out really well. The salad bowl was a little strange since you got all the toppings you wanted anyways - so I had lettuce on lettuce. I'd go for the rice bowl and the fry bowl. 

March 18, 2017
Angus Burger rice bowl
The angus burger was pretty good. I was a little unsure at first, but it was pretty good with the rice bowl and all the toppings. I also discovered Harvey's has tzatziki sauce!

The tossed rice bowl
They really pack a lot of rice in there and it's so good with the sauce and all the ingredients. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment