Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Capricci - HK

IMAG3150 
We were invited to the Pacific Club for coffee and dessert. 
The view from the Tsim Sha Tsui location was stunning (especially in the calm before the storm).
IMG_2279

IMAG3149

IMAG3148
Tiramisu
I'm extraordinarily picky with my tiramisu - I've eaten it in Italy and Toronto and I still swear by the Paese version. I don't like cocoa powder on top because I feel like the tiramisu should be infused with the flavour of cocoa rather than sprinkling the powder on top as an easy way to get the taste.
There was a lot of powder on the tiramisu and the mascarpone cheese was really thick and heavy. The ladyfingers were soggy in the middle of the martini glass, but I still couldn't get the flavour and powdery texture of the cocoa powder out of my mouth to enjoy anything else. Not a fan...
IMAG3147
Summer Berry Ice Cream with fresh Strawberries
This dessert was a lot better. The strawberries were sweet and the ice cream delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment