Saturday 11 February 2017

Royal Caribbean Cruise (Day 7) - Allure of the Seas (West Caribbean)

It's our last full day on the ship at sea. I'm a little sad this is almost over because I don't think I've ever eaten so well on vacation. 
 Of course, we're going to go all out on the last day. 
Royal Caribbean also entertained half the restaurant with Po from Kung Fu Panda (apparently this was a kids and family experience that cost a bit extra). 
Ripe cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon and pineapple from the buffet bar. 

Eggs Benedict with Canadian Bacon (i.e. back bacon)

Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon 
I saw that they had smoked salmon under the omelettes section, so I thought I'd asked for the eggs benny and they delivered! 

Chocolate banana pancakes
Wow - so many pancakes! They were light and fluffy, but a lot to eat in one sitting. 

SNACK
Boardwalk Donuts was open most of the day, but I didn't try it until the last day for this donut:
Key Lime Donut
Another of my favourite flavours: key lime. Unfortunately, this donut didn't really taste like key lime, but it was tart and sweet. 

LUNCH
We passed by Solarium Bistro/Samba Grill a few times in our explorations of the ship and we finally got around to eating here on our last day. Unfortunately, I also learned that I do get a little queasy and sick at the front of the ship (which explains why there weren't usually a lot of people here). So I had a "light" lunch and then proceeded to go back to my cabin in hopes that I could sleep off the sea-sickness. 
Roast beef, fish, eggplant parmigiana and a wrap
The food was pretty good, but the queasiness that came from being in the front of the ship as we navigated slightly choppy waters made this meal a bit of a write off for me. 

Windjammers had a massive cake thank you. (Really I think we should be thanking them for exceptional service and delicious food)

LATE LUNCH
Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade also have snack food around the clock.
Sorrentos' Margherita Pizza
The pizza was super cheesy, but I wasn't a big fan of the crust. 

Pesto pizza
Unfortunately, I felt like there were better options elsewhere. 

Strawberry tart and a crayfish roll
The crayfish roll was okay - there was a lot of sauce. It would have been even better if it was a lobster roll, but I imagine all the lobster went to making the lobster dinner on formal night. The strawberry tart was pretty good. 

Roast beef and cheese sandwich and a cheesecake pop
The sandwich was pretty good.

DINNER

 
Scallops
This was a great start to dinner - the scallops were perfect and so sweet and tasty with the nice crumble on top.


French Onion soup
A nice cheesy and flavourful soup

Chilled pineapple and lychee soup
It was basically a delicious smoothie in a soup bowl.


Turkey dinner
I didn't think we'd get Thanksgiving dinner on the boat - but they delivered and it was really good!
So much turkey meat.


Lamb shank
The chefs on the Allure of the Seas do a really amazing lamb - this was fall off the bone tender and packed with flavour.


Key Lime Pie and Frozen Strawberry Souffle
The key lime pie was lovely! The souffle was kind of like strawberry ice cream in a cup.


Apple Strudel and Pear Chocolate Crisp
Both were good ways to end the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment