Monday 13 February 2012

Covent Garden Market - London, Ontario

I just realized that London, Ontario has a lot of similarities to London, UK.
For one, they both have a Covent Garden Market:

We grabbed our lunch here and what a great lunch spot! There's so much offered here from Shawarma to Sushi, Churrasco Chicken to Chap Chae. 
It resembles St. Lawrence Market in Toronto...

View from the second floor (near the Tea Haus)

I grabbed my lunch at Nate's Shawarma which is near the west side entrance of the Covent Garden Market 
The plate is such a good deal for less than $10 including tax ($9.03 to be exact). 
You get to choose two sides, a meat and a type of hummus - there was a selection of roasted red pepper, dill, garlic and regular hummus. 

I chose the red pepper hummus (delicious) and the Tabülè and potato salad as my two sides. For my main course, I got the shish taouk which is a chicken skewer with grilled green peppers. The chicken was marinated well and jam packed with spices - it was really good, but it was slightly cold (even though I knew it was already cooked), they just didn't warm it up enough. The chicken pieces were huge so it was a big lunch making it a good deal! The Tabülè was much saltier than I was used to and I wasn't really a fan, but the hummus and potato salad were good.


On the south end of the Covent Garden Market, there is a bakery called the International Bakery-Deli-Cafe
My manager recommended the Orange rolls from here so I decided to try it. They had a Monday special where orange rolls were 2 for $2.39 excl. taxes - definitely worth a try. 
It was different and kind of interesting, the roll was kinda sticky and there were clearly orange rinds in the cinnamon roll-like bun. I think it was a little too sticky for me to fully enjoy and I wasn't really a fan (it could also be that it was kinda left in my purse until the end of the day). 

No comments:

Post a Comment