Friday 1 July 2016

Castle Shawarma - Ottawa

July 1, 2016

We came to celebrate Canada Day in the Nation's Capital.

A little further down from the scene above is Castle Shawarma:
Home of yummy Middle Eastern food
Combo - Chicken and Beef Platter
I was starving after the drive to Ottawa and our long day walking around trying to squeeze past all the crowds. I was totally overambitious ordering this massive platter and finishing all of it (I was so full I couldn't sleep until the wee hours of the morning since my stomach protested all the food and refused to digest it for the longest time). However, the food was REALLY GOOD - the chicken and beef were both super tender and juicy and the sauces were delicious.  The potatoes were a little dry, but the rice was nice and fluffy. 

September 22, 2012
Castle Shawarma came recommended by my friend: the food is consistently fresh and yummy, the service is great and it's pretty cheap for a filling meal.

The simple layout - it's a mostly grab and go place with some seating for groups of two.

They piled on the chicken shawarma on the pitas. 
I wasn't sure if they were going to be able to wrap that much food in the shawarma. 

(My friend's shawarma was more colourful with the visible bright pink pickled turnip)

I got everything except for pickled gherkins (so I got lettuce, tomato, onions, pickled turnips) and I decided to go on my friend's recommendation of the spicy mayo sauce instead of the normal garlic sauce. 
All the ingredients were fresh and crisp and I actually thought the spicy mayo added a nice amount of heat to spice up the shawarma (it was really spicy near the end of the wrap). 
The chicken was in huge chunks and I'll admit it was a little dry, but I think the sauce helped cover some of that up. 

Overall: Great Service! They're super friendly and quick. The food is pretty delicious too and it's all such a great price!
Castle Shawarma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment