Saturday 25 July 2020

Bean House

July 25, 2020

Sakura Rose Red Bean Cake and Osmanthus Mung Bean Cake ($11.99 each)

I loved the fresh adzuki (red bean) cakes last time with the sakura and rose floral scents - it's delicious and such a nice healthy treat to eat (especially while watching historical Chinese dramas since I can now eat the same cakes as the actors!). 
The osmanthus mung brean cake had red bean paste in the middle and a very light osmanthus scent, but it was mostly red bean flavour with a mung bean outside. While nice, it wasn't as outstanding as the red bean cake. 

June 15, 2020
When I was picking up Korean food at Yummy BBQ a while ago, I noticed that there was a new restaurant/food store in the plaza. I googled it and found out they serve bean cakes (perfect timing since I've been wanting to try Chinese style bean cakes after watching so many Chinese historical dramas with characters eating these). 
Original Assorted, Adzuki bean with sakura rose flavour and yellow pea cakes ($30 total)
The bean cakes are made fresh with no added preservatives

Adzuki bean with sakura rose cakes
These beancakes were really good with a sweet fragrant flavour from the sakura and rose. They were also beautiful shaped like roses and they tasted really nice and sweet with a smooth texture. 

Yellow Pea cakes
The yellow pea cakes had a chunkier texture than the other bean cakes and it had a decent yellow pea flavour. Not my favourite though since I don't really like peas.

Original Assorted: brown lentil, dark kidney bean, yellow pea, green pea, light kidney bean and red lentil cake
My favourites were the dark kidney bean, which had a strong kidney bean flavour and was quite tasty, and the red lentil, which was sweet, smooth and flavourful and had a grainy texture.
The light kidney bean was okay, but the flavour of the bean was more subtle and light. The brown lentil was okay too with a strong lentil flavour and a smooth texture. The green pea was probably my least favourite since I wasn't a big fan of the pea flavour and the grainier texture. 

Website: https://beanhouse.ca/contactus

No comments:

Post a Comment