Friday 3 July 2020

Pusateri's

July 3, 2020
Mmm macarons! Pusateri's always has a wide selection of yummy desserts and macarons: 
Strawberry lychee, poppy flower, strawberry lychee (again), pistachio, lemon, blueberry $15 for a box of 6
Strawberry lychee macaron had an interesting filling in the middle. It was sweet and flowery, but not quite strawberry and not quite lychee either. The macaron was executed perfectly with good feet: soft and slight crispy outside.
The pistachio macaron had good pistachio flavour and it was quite sweet. 
I got the poppy flower macaron last time and I thought it was pretty good and it's quite different. The macaron was sweet, flowery, with a hard center/cream and super crumbly cookie this time around (it probably wasn't as fresh or sat for a few extra days compared to the other macarons). 
The blueberry was good macaron, with a nice sweet blueberry flavour and the lemon was tart and sweet (I originally thought I got the creme brulee, but when I bit into it, I realized they probably packed the wrong one). 

Mar 13, 2020
Pusateri's shopping trip!
$5 Meatballs, macaroni and roasted wedge potatoes box
Delicious! The sauce is really good and the meatballs are really yummy! Apparently they're made with beef, veal, chicken and cheese. 

$5 Meatballs with vegetables and green beans
The green beans were cooked with sesame oil, which made a strange combination with the meatballs and tomato sauce. 

Phipps Lemon Flan slice
The cookie crust was really good, but the lemon wasn't as tart and sweet as I expected to balance it out.

Dessert Trends' Chocolate Brulee Tart $8.50
I didn't really get the brulee (burnt cream) flavour from the chocolate tart - maybe they torched the top layer of the tart, but I didn't really taste it. The actual chocolate tart was pretty good and I liked the addition of the raspberries. 

Oxtail with rice $13.99
I've seen the oxtail at Pusateri's for $21.99/lb, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try their Caribbean flavours. Unfortunately, the oxtail was a little dry on the outside and it was kind of overdone. The flavours were pretty good though. The rice was different (I didn't really like it). 

 
Dessert Trend's Mango Raspberry Band $47
I've been eyeing this dessert for a while, but it's a lot of dessert for two people to eat. It combines two of my favourite flavours and fruits (mango and raspberry) and it looks absolutely amazing! I finally decided to go for it and I FULLY enjoyed the dessert. The mango curd was sweet, but not too sweet and I loved picking and eating the raspberries and blackberries along the crust of the band. The only thing I'd complain about is the fluffy whipped cream (marshmallow cream?) at the top - I wasn't a huge fan of it. I loved everything else about the dessert though (even if it was on the pricey side). 
YUM!

Feb 28, 2020
The 50 cent meatball event is on now from Feb 24 - March 15!
4 Meatballs and two sides $5
The meatballs are amazing! Super tender and so flavourful and the tomato sauce tastes like it was cooked for hours with a ton of delicious flavours. Sides wise, I got gourmet mac and cheese (the cheeses were so good) and roasted root vegetables (which are phenomenal). 


Ooo the Macaron selection from Point G

Clockwise from top left: Creme Brulee, Poppy Flower, Raspberry- Lychee, Pistachio, Bailey's and Chai Latte
The creme brulee and raspberry lychee had the best soft cookies/feet out of all the macarons. The poppy flower and Bailey's had crumbly and hard feet. Flavourwise, the pistachio, raspberry lychee and chai latte had stronger flavours. You could taste them really well (especially the cardamom in the Chai latte). The Baileys had a lighter Irish Cream flavour and the creme brulee and poppy flower were nice and distinct too.

 
Dessert Trends Raspberry Curd Tart
It's a raspberry white chocolate tart with a nice hard cookie crust. The raspberry curd was perfect! Not too sweet and not too tart either and it was sweetened with a hint of white chocolate. So good!!!

Feb 14, 2020
Bakerberry Raspberry Mango Alsacienne Tart $21
The tart is really good! It's just really sweet with the sweet filling and the sweet glaze on top. The mango and raspberry were delicious together and the pie crust was really good too. I think I still prefer Dessert Trends desserts more though.

Jan 31, 2020
Viennese Cheesecake $3.30
Light and fluffy cheesecake with nuts and a slightly harder outer crust. It reminded me of Japanese cheesecake - I'm glad they sell this by weight and I could control the size of the slice I got (I didn't really like it). 

Dessert Trends Pear Tart $8.50 and Bakerberry Pecan Chocolate tart $3.75
Two of the major cake brands here were Dessert Trends and Bakerberry, so I thought I'd try their mini versions of their desserts. 
The Dessert Trends Pear Tart is AMAZING! The poached pear was delicious and the inside of the tart had a frangipane (almond) paste inside which made it taste even better without being too sweet. 
The chocolate pecan tart was really sweet and the crust was kind of crumbly. 

Dessert Trends Apricot Flan $32
I liked the pear tart from Dessert Trends so much that I also got the apricot frangipane flan. It's pretty big (7 inches) and it was SO GOOD! The sweet apricots were baked into the tart and it had a really nice glaze on top that wasn't too sweet. I also really liked the harder cookie pie crust with the soft almond filling. I couldn't stop eating this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment