Tuesday 29 December 2020

Cafe Login

 As a huge buttercream lover, I'm surprisingly not a big fan of Korean macarons with the huge buttercream layer in the middle (I like more balanced or even proportions in my sweets - but I could eat a tub of pistachio buttercream and I have done that). I thought I'd give Korean macarons another shot at Cafe Login since I was in the area. 

Pistachio Raspberry Dacquoise, raspberry yogurt macaron, earl grey macaron and roasted bean macaron (total about $13)
The pistachio raspberry dacquoise meringue didn't have a strong pistachio flavour and I wasn't sure where the raspberry part would come in until I tasted the raspberry jam surprise in the middle. It was really sweet, and I probably wouldn't get it again. 
Raspberry yogurt macaron had more of a yogurt flavour than raspberry flavour and was similar to those fruit bottom yogurts and didn't have a lot of raspberry flavour. 
Earl Grey macaron was my favourite out of the three with lots of the earl grey tea flavour. 
The roasted bean macaron was rather different and it was pretty good with a hint of nutty flavour from the almond and a strong mung bean flavour. The macaron wasn't too sweet or too savoury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment