Tuesday 29 December 2020

Royaltea

Dec 29, 2020

 I've seen pictures of the Fresh Dragon Fruit with Mousse at Royaltea, so when they ran the BOGO promotion in stores - I decided to give it a try! 

Dragon Fruit with Mousse ($7.50) and Osmanthus Oolong Tea (large size was an extra $0.6)
The dragon fruit with mousse was a slushy dragon fruit drink with a cheese mousse (and a dash of matcha powder on top). It had a super thick layer of cheese which made the drink saltier and added a strange new flavour profile. I thought it was pretty good all mixed together since the dragonfruit slush was sweet, tasty and refreshing and it had a nice balance with the creamy salty cheese. The tea also had a bit of a floral taste perhaps from using a jasmine green tea base. 
Th osmanthus oolong tea, with my recent obsession with osmanthus flavour, I was expecting quite a bit even thought osmanthus is a pretty light flavour. Unfortunately, in this drink, I didn't taste the osmantus flavour at all. The oolong flavour was there, but the cheese mousse with matcha sprinkled on top was really overpowering in the first few initial sips and the oolong flavour came out stronger later once the cheese mixed in. I thought in this case, the cheese mousse overpowered the actual tea and I would've preferred the drink without it. 

Overall: The dragon fruit slush was really good! I'd definitely come back for this since there aren't that many good dragon fruit drinks or treats (and this one had a lot of dragon fruit flavour). 

No comments:

Post a Comment