Friday 12 February 2021

Chatime Atealier

Update: Name has been changed to Chatime Atealier rather than Chatime Innovation Bar

Feb 12, 2021

New flavours at Chatime Innovation Bar for BOGO
Jade Berry Blossom Tea ($7 for 2) and Hibiscus Berry Blossom Tea ($7 for 2)
The drinks were beautiful with the colourful gold swirls (which also made them only available in cold). 
The jade berry blossom tea had a strong jade jasmine tea flavour that stood out. 
The hibiscus berry blossom tea was really good too with a nice floral scent and berry flavour - it was much better than the jade version. We got both teas with one having 0% sugar and the other having minimal sugar just to taste the difference and I think the added sugar made the tea flavour stronger and brought out the berry flavour in some ways. The hibiscus was still really good with 0% sugar (but the jade was a miss). 

Feb 8, 2021
Definitely have to take advantage of the Ubereats BOGO promotion with my favourite drinks as many times as possible before it ends! 
Handwhisked Taro Tea Latte (hot, no sugar $7.65 for two) and royal blueberry milk tea (hot and no sugar $6.95 for two) 
Since I got 4 large size drinks, I got a purple pocket from Chaime with a promo coupon!
The taro tea latte was delicious! Grainy texture from the ground taro (not as many bigger chunks of taro like last time though) and it came with frothy lactose free milk which made a delicious sweet combo that wasn't too sweet. This is definitely my favourite taro drink and favourite chatime drink! 
The royal blueberry tea came with options: milk tea or tea latte or teaspresso - I got one of the milk tea and the tea latte to try it out since they were BOGO. 
The milk tea version had a yummy smooth equally balanced blueberry and milk tea flavour that was pretty strong - but it definitely needed minimal sugar to make it taste better. 
The latte version had more milk, less tea flavour and the blueberry flavour was stronger and more prominent than the tea or milk flavour - I definitely preferred the milk tea version. 
Feb 4, 2021

I can't believe I saw my favourite taro drink on sale (BOGO) on Ubereats!
Taro Tea Latte ($7.65 for 2)
Such a good deal! It's made so much better at their Innovation Bar (now Atealier) locations. 
For taro lovers, this is a dream! It's filled ith tons of ground taro and has a really strong and sweet taro flavour even when you get the drink unsweetened (so guilt free pleasure!). Definitely worth a try here (and for that price now - amazing!)!

July 6, 2020
OMG I've been craving Chatime Innovation Bar's Handwhisked Taro Latte for a while now (especially since they opened up their HQ to offer Innovation Bar drinks). Their HQ on Scarsdale Road is delivery only. 
I was a little sad I couldn't get my drink hot (since that's the way I prefer it), but the no ice version was okay. The flavour wasn't as strong when it was cold and the texture is a little weird when it's not hot (I think the hot water helps to melt the grainy texture of the ground taro into a more smooth texture). It was also much more expensive $7.30 for the drink (compared to the Innovation Bar location at Wellesley's $5.80) and when I contacted Chatime about it they said: "due to COVID, there has been an increasing in demand for our products, and we opened a cloud kitchen uptown to fulfill the orders. With the cloud kitchen, there has been extra costs and therefore resulted in higher prices for the Scarsdale location."


May 30, 2019

Blue Crystal Coconut (less ice and no sugar)
It looks better for pictures than it tastes. It turns out butterfly pea flower tea is actually kind of bitter, you definitely need a lot more sugar for this drink to taste better. Personally, I don't like super sugary drinks, so I'll skip this in the future. 

Taro latte (hot with no sugar)
This was REALLY GOOD! I think this is my new go-to drink. It's perfect even unsweetened because the taro is sweet enough by itself and it tastes like a warm soothing milky taro drink - aka AMAZING. It does have a bit of a grainy texture from the taro, but that's how you know you're getting the real taro.

Mar 15, 2019
I've been watching and waiting for this Chatime location to open up. They're supposed to have special drinks that aren't available in regular Chatime stores. 

Black Onyx and Royal Blue tea lattes
I think the Royal Blue tea is supposed to compete with The Alley's Royal No.9 milk tea, unfortunately, it's got a long way to go in my opinion. I probably should have gotten it with more sugar or something so that the flavour is enhanced, but I generally don't like to have super sweet drinks. The Black Onyx was much better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment