Saturday 6 February 2021

Hey Noodles

 Feb 6, 2021

Chongqing Street Noodles ($8 for 2)
Rice noodles pictured above with less spicy and no numbing (figured out the right spicy combination now). The rice noodles were okay, but they didn't absorb flavour as well as the potato or egg noodles, but the broth still had lots of flavour and was still quite spicy. 

Jan 23, 2021

I've heard of the cheap noodle promo deals at Hey Noodles (where you get unlimited noodles), but this was my first time trying their noodles - especially since I can't pass up a BOGO deal on Ubereats
Chongqing Street Noodles ($8 for two)
One noodle had the normal thin egg noodles and the other bowl had sweet potato noodles. The broth was flavoured with sesame paste, green onions, garlic, cilantro, peanuts and sesame seeds.

The soup also came with varying degrees of numbing (peppercorn) and spiciness. I opted for less numbing and less spicy since I wasn't too sure what I was getting myself into and when I tried the less numbing version, I could understand why it was called "numbing" - I couldn't feel my lips. The broth was a good level of spicy and was flavourful with savoury elements like the peanuts and sesame as well as pickled vegetables. 
In terms of the noodles, the sweet potato noodles were okay since they did absorb some of the flavour, but not as much as I wanted and the noodles were pretty slippery. 
The egg noodles were good and absorbed the broth flavour a lot better, especially when they sat in the soup longer - but it also got a lot spicier as it stewed together. 
The portion sizes were pretty sizable (and if you eat in person when things open up again, they do give you unlimited noodles), but there wasn't any meat in the street noodles. 

Overall: Great value for money! $8 for two bowls of noodles with the Ubereats BOGO promotion is a great deal for two super filling and deliciously spicy portions of noodles. Worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment