Tuesday 2 February 2021

Chatime

Feb 2, 2021

Feb 2021's TOTM is Thai Milk Tea ($4.80 for a Large)
Thai Milk Tea
I got minimal sugar and no ice and it's still pretty good even if there isn't a ton of sugar in the drink - it's still pretty sweet from the condensed milk. It had excellent milk flavour and the distinctive orange colour from Thai milk tea - very yummy and worth a try. 

Dec 21, 2020 

The Chatime Tea of the Month (TOTM) is a cold Peachy Lychee Green Tea (large size for $4.80)
The drink came in a super cute holiday winter cup and it tasted exactly like its name: a cold light green tea with peach and lychee juice/flavour (stronger lychee juice for sure of the two). I got it without sugar and ice, but it was sweetened enough from the peach and lychee juice/syrup and didn't have as storng a tea flavour. I would highly recommend not reheating it (made that mistake!) since it ended up being a slightly sour peachy drink with a stronger tea flavour (and less lychee flavour).

Dec 6, 2020

 Jasmine Jade Milk Tea with Sago 
A delicious green milk tea
I loved the tiny sago balls which added a nice bumpy texture to each mouthful of green milk tea and the tea was really good with a strong jasmine flavour. It was also pretty sweet despite my order being "no sugar", so a pretty good drink that I'll probably be back to try it a few more times! 

Nov 21, 2020

It's been a while since I've had Chatime, so I grabbed a Tea of the Month (TOTM) as a treat. November 2020's TOTM is Iron Goddess, a strong bold black milk tea.
Iron Goddess Milk tea (cold only) $4.80
With no ice and no sugar, I could taste the strong flavour of the Iron Goddess tea even though the drink was really milky. I do like strong black teas, but I might ask them for less milk next time (or maybe a longer stir). 

July 1, 2020 @ 895 Lawrence Avenue East

Usually when I pass by this Chatime location, there's always a lineup outside the door (basically because of COVID-19 safety processes and procedures - which I totally understand). So when I was walking by today, I noticed there wasn't a line, so I immediately went into the store only to realize that they were allowing 3 people in at a time for both pickup of orders and for ordering (which is basically chaos for customers). Luckily, there were only two people ahead of me, one person picking up and one person ordering. 

Once I finished ordering, they told me to wait outside for about 5 minutes and then come pick up my drink. I walked away for a bit only to return to a ridiculously long line up with no real proper line and just tons of people loitering around outside. With the three person limit inside the store, it took much longer to actually get my drink since some people were just waiting inside the store and people were bypassing the line all the time. After this terrible experience, I'd rather try another Chatime than attempt this one again. 
Pistachio macaron and Sakura Lychee drink with Chrysanthemum jelly

Pistachio macaron was a good macaron with good feet and good buttercream in the middle, unfortunately, it just didn't have a lot of pistachio flavour. 

Sakura Lychee drink with Chrysanthemum jelly
I ordered the sakura lychee drink with no sugar and it was really good with more of a lychee flavour than sakura! It was fragrant and sweet, but not too sweet and it was really refreshing especially in the summer heat. I also upgraded my topping to the new Vitasoy chrysanthemum jelly option and I was so glad I did that because they gave me a ton of jelly (basically half the cup) and it was really tasty which was really yummy and filled up half the cup. I would love if this drink became part of their permanent menu - it's so good!

May 3, 2020
OMG have I ever been craving bubbletea during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Jasmine Green Milk tea with tapioca (unsweetened)
The milk tea is pretty good unsweetened and has a nice flavour. It's still a little disorienting to have jasmine tea with milk (considering the years of drinking plain jasmine tea with dim sum), but it's delicious all the same. The tapioca were super gummy, soggy and chewy - I can't wait until I get proper tapioca in stores. 

Jan 30, 2020 @ Chatime 895 Lawrence Ave
Earl Grey Chocolate Mille Crepe Cake
The cake was okay, the chocolate flavour was stronger than the Earl Grey flavour. 

June 21, 2019 @ 461 Queen Street West

This location always seems to have the promotional drinks for longer than the promotional periods.  
Thai Pearl Milk Tea with less sugar
Still pretty sweet! You definitely need some sugar with this drink though, otherwise it just doesn't taste the same. 

April 25, 2019 @ 461 Queen Street West
Wow!!! Durian Milk Tea is still available at Chatime

Yummy durian flavour (if you like durian) and I prefer the milk tea base since it's sweeter (rather than the roasted milk tea base).

July 6, 2018 @ 439 Yonge Street
Taro Chiffon Cake
A taro cake? I had pretty high expectations for this, but unfortunately while it sort of tasted like taro, it wasn't a really strong flavour. The cake also wasn't light and airy like chiffon (it might have been sitting in the case for a few days). I think I'll avoid these cakes unless they're fresh. 

July 4, 2017 @ 439 Yonge Street
Chatime is running 1L cup promotions for $5 with 3 different flavours in celebration of 5 years. The one I'm most likely to drink is the Roasted Milk Tea with tapioca, grass jelly and pudding.

Roasted Milk Tea Triple
Don't get this if you don't like Roasted milk tea! It's a bit of an acquired taste if you're expecting regular bubble tea or milk tea. I wasn't a big fan at first and after drink a bit more, it got a bit better. The one thing I really didn't like in this was the pudding (and it was like 3/4 of the cup), so beware! 

June 2, 2017 @ 439 Yonge Street
Chatime released some summer specials including some Instagram worthy drinks like this:
Starry Lemon
It's really pretty - but it tasted like a slushy lemonade. This was the June Tea of the Month so it was on sale for $3.99, but I wouldn't pay anymore for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment