Sunday 7 February 2021

The Cheesecake Factory - Toronto

Feb 7, 2021

After my experience with Ghost Kitchen's Cheesecake Factory Cheesecakes, I wanted to get the real thing to compare. And the real thing is so much better! The slices were bigger and it was fresher and tastier than the Ghost Kitchen version (although those were cheaper, the portion sizes were double at the actual Cheesecake Factory). I preordered online so I just had to go in and pick up my cheesecake order (the other option was for them to bring it out, but I figured it'd be faster if I went in)

Tiramisu Cheesecake $10.50
Strong tiramisu flavour, not too much of the coffee or liqueur flavour, but it was distinctly the full combination of all the flavours that make up a tiramisu (mascarpone cheese, coffee, liqueur and cocoa). It was also nice that there were ladyfingers in the cheesecake. Very yummy!

Pineapple upside down cheesecake $10.95
The cheesecake came with two layers of pineapple upside down cake sandwiching a layer of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake in the middle. It was on the sweet side, but super delicious and sugary and perfect for lovers of pineapple upside down cake and cheesecake. It has become one of my favourite cheesecakes here - I would definitely get this again since it's so unique and tasty!

Feb 18, 2018
We were hoping the lineups to eat at the Cheesecake Factory would have died down by now, but there was still a line and a wait to eat here. 
 
The menu is intense - you almost have to know exactly what you want to eat. 

Complementary bread 

Farfalle with chicken and roasted garlic
Huge portion of food, but I thought it only tasted okay. It was really heavy on the cream sauce. 

Fish Tacos
Sizable portion (of mostly fish) - the condiments were kinda missing from the menu profile. 

Factory combination with herb crusted salmon and shrimp scampi  
A huge plate, but a rather haphazardly thrown together meal of a few asparagus stalks, mashed potatoes and shrimp. 

Factory Combination: Steak Diane and Chicken Madeira

Steak Diane with mashed potatoes

Overall: Not impressed by the food here - I think I'll save my Cheesecake Factory obsession for restaurants in the US. 

Jan 18, 2018
Hazelnut Cheesecake
This is probably my favourite cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. I love hazelnut and they do such an amazing cheesecake. It's just the perfect combination - nutty flavourful hazelnut and chocolate with a crumbly cookie crust and yummy New York style cheesecake. 

Jan 16, 2018
Toronto finally has a location of The Cheesecake Factory!!!
The lineups are also insane - but the takeout cheesecake line wasn't too terrible (worth waiting for!)
Mango Key Lime Cheesecake
This sounds like a dream combo since I love mango and key lime, but something about the sweet mango and tart key lime in this cheesecake don't work well for me. I also tried this in Vegas, and I still don't like it. Random thought: I wonder if they ship the cheesecakes from the US for the Toronto store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment