Saturday 6 February 2021

CoCo Fresh Tea and Juice

Feb 6, 2021 @ 3300 Midland

The Coco location at Scarboro Village Mall had their popular Bubble Gaga BOGO on Ubereats
Large Bubble Gaga $5.85 for 2
I got no ice and no sugar (probably not the best idea for a sour fruit drink and I definitely regretted it later). The tapioca was super congealed and sticky and stuck to the bottom of the cup, the lychee jelly added some sweetness to the 0% sugar drink (thank goodness), the passionfruit seeds/pulp added a nice texture with the crunchy seeds. Unfortunately overall though, the drink was really tart and sour - it NEEDS sugar. I wouldn't get it again though - sour drinks aren't really my thing and I don't want too much processed sugar in my drinks either. 

Jan 8, 2021

 The January special was a large sago taro for $3.99 (pretty good price for a bubble tea drink)
0% sugar and warm
The taro part of the drink was made with powder and while it was sweet, it also tasted like more milk than taro, but at least it felt like the flavour was more concentrated than the last time I had it (but still watery). I don't think this time will change my initial opinion of this drink, there's better taro sago drinks out there and I wouldn't get this version at Coco. 

Jan 3, 2021 @ 808 York Mills

Pearl Milk Tea BOGO on Ubereats $5.35 (for two)
No sugar and hot milk tea, this one tasted much better than previous versions I had since it had a stronger tea flavour and it wasn't as milky or diluted like the other milk teas I had here before. The tapioca was chewier and fresher as well. There was a long line up of people today - so maybe the turnover of their tea and tapioca was better. 

Dec 27, 2020 

With the Ubereats BOGO promotion at Coco, I could try out two of the mango sago green tea for $6.05
Unfortunately, it only came cold, but I could get no sugar and no ice. 
It had a good mango juice flavour that was sweet and tasty and pretty good sago, but it didn't have a strong tea flavour. I think Coco does much better fruit teas than milk teas. 

Oct 5, 2020 @ 808 York Mills

Fresh Taro milk with QQ $4.99
I thought I'd try their QQ with the taro milk, but it tasted like warm milk, taro paste and gummy QQ balls individually - but not necessarily blended well together. I think the QQ balls were the strongest flavour and it really just reminded me of a hot milk bedtime drink - I wouldn't get this again. 

Sept 18, 2020 @ 808 York Mills

Coco's September promotion for their QQ series $4.80 for a Large size
The milk tea was really super sweet and the gummy potato and taro QQ were kind of bland. After trying both milk teas, I'm not sure if I'd get their milk tea again.

Pearl Milk tea with 30% sugar and no ice $2.99 promotion on Sept 15
Super sweet milk tea and on the milky side - I could barely taste tea. The pearls were really soggy and soft. Hopefully it's only opening issues and they figure out their recipe soon. 

Mar 19, 2019 @ 648 Yonge Street
Fresh Taro with Milk Tea

It is exactly what they advertise: mushed up taro with milk tea poured in after and haphazardly mixed. I got it unsweetened thinking that the taro would sweeten it naturally, but nope that's not what it tasted like. I'll pass on this in the future.

Oct 28, 2016
I've been intrigued by Coco's Sago Taro Milk Tea for a while, but I just haven't had the chance to try it until now. I imagined it would be like the Taro Sago Chinese dessert, but a cold drinkable version. 

Unfortunately, I don't know if I killed it with less ice and 30% sugar (or maybe they put more ice and no sugar), but it was a little bland and not that tasty. I loved the sago, but it wasn't enough to save the drink. I also don't know if I'd pay for this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment