Tuesday 30 June 2020

Nam Dae Moon

After watching a ton of Chinese dramas, I've really wanted to eat their flower cakes and bean cakes. When I saw that Nam Dae Moon had osmanthus rice cakes, I really wanted to try it and I ordered it from Doordash. 
Osmanthus Rice cake $9.90, purple sweet potato and red bean daifuku $4.99 and mango daifuku $5.49
The osmanthus rice cake had really good osmanthus jelly, but unfortunately, it was just the drop that you see on top of the rice cake in the picture. Otherwise, the rice cake was bland and tasted like a huge block of cooked, mashed up and packed rice. 

Mango and purple sweet potato and red bean daifuku
The mango daifuku was really big, but it was frozen solid, so I had to let it sit out to defrost for a while before I could eat it. The mango filling was good and there was some ice cream in there too. The mochi was sticky and glutinous. The purple sweet potato and red bean daifuku was much smaller than the mango, but it had a lot more filling inside and it was quite tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment