Friday 5 June 2020

Pai

June 5, 2020
Since I was making a trip downtown, I decided to pick up Thai food (at Pai and Khao San Road) for dinner along the way (and cake!). 

Pai's online ordering system is FANTASTIC! It was super easy to put in my order, choose a time slot and pick up my order from the front of the restaurant. There were a few cars in line on Duncan street, but they moved pretty fast. The restaurant wasn't open, but the staff at the front had food ready, so it was easy to give the staff my name and order number and pick up my food in like 2 minutes. 
The full meal with pad thai and massaman curry (red) from Khao San Road

Clockwise from left: Panang curry with chicken $16, green curry with beef $16, chicken pad thai $16.50

We got pad thai from both restaurants to compare and see which one we preferred. The restaurants aren't far apart from each other downtown (and since we were in the area, we figured we might as well try both). 
Pai's pad thai was sweeter and it had more distinct flavours. We found it was generally tastier than Khao San's pad thai (even with medium spiciness). The green curry was DELICIOUS! You can really taste the basil, lime and coconut milk and the bamboo shoots made it very sweet. It was the perfect level of spicy and flavourful and balanced with coconut milk to make it not super spicy. I would highly recommend this green curry at Pai if you like green curry.  
The panang curry was good as well, but I liked the flavour of green more. The panang was well balanced with the coconut milk, but not as sweet or flavourful as the green. 

Dec 2, 2019
Pad Thai with chicken and Ganeng Panang with beef
The pad thai was okay, I found it had a really strong tamarind flavour. The panang was amazing with white rice, I couldn't stop eating it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment