Wednesday 10 June 2020

Short & Sweet Bakeshop

June 10, 2020
I saw on Instagram that they had Key Lime Cupcakes and I really wanted to try them out! 

 
Sprinkle Vanilla Sammie $5.50
Two vanilla sprinkles funfetti cookies with pink icing. It was really sweet cookie and exactly as advertised with the delicious twice baked crispy cookies outside and fun bright pink icing sandwiched in the middle (I much prefer the buttercream to the icing though).

Blueberry Cheesecake bar $4.50 and sammie
The bar was more oat/granola bar than cheesecake and there wasn't as much blueberry as I expected. It was good, but not as amazing as their other treats.

Key lime cupcakes and a mint chocolate cupcake $3.50 each
The key lime had a light key lime flavour and a bright neon green cake which was really cute and distinctive. Personally though, I didn't really like the cream cheese icing pairing.
The chocolate mint cupcake was REALLY GOOD. The cake was super moist and it had melted chocolate inside (which kind of oozed out when you bit into the center). The mint icing was also really tasty and sweet, even mostly melted in the summer heat above. I would highly recommend this one!

May 20, 2020
The BlogTo article on cookie delivery options had both the best and worst timing for me. The best because I was seriously craving cookies and the worst because I really shouldn't be eating so many sweet desserts and snacks. 

Short & Sweet posts their daily menu online through their Instagram story (so you have to follow to see what they have available every day). If you don't want to follow them, you can also walk-in for pickup and they post their menu right near the entrance. 
I really wanted one of their twice baked cookies and their sammies seemed really interesting - cookie sandwiches with icing in the middle sounds like a brilliant idea!

Mars sammie $5.50
OMG this was sooo good and exactly what I wanted! It was a deliciously crispy cookie on the outside with soft sweet vanilla buttercream in the middle. The cookies were also soft inside and I loved the oozy Mars caramel parts - they must have melted the mars bar because I got all my favourite nougat, caramel and chocolate flavours in the middle of the cookie. MUST TRY! 

Oreo sammie $5.50
The oreo twice baked cookie was much harder and had oreo cookie chunks baked into the cookie and it was filled with a yummy oreo buttercream. It was also crispy and delicious, but I really prefer the Mars sammie. 

Magic Twice Baked cookie $3.50
Delicious! The cookie was perfectly chewy inside and crispy outside (and it was gigantic!)
The magic cookie had chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, pretzels and ruffles potato chips to make a really delicious salty and sweet combination. 


Blueberry Mascarpone cake slice $5

The cake was fluffy, super moist and really tasty! Very impressed. 

Overall: You must come try their sammies and twice baked cookies at Short & Sweet Bakeshop! They're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment