Wednesday 10 June 2020

Hollywood Gelato

June 10, 2020
With the super hot heatwave we've been having, Gelato is the perfect treat for the summer! Hollywood Gelato is one of my favourite gelato places in Toronto because they make a really amazing pistachio gelato (my all time favourite). They're open for take-out and Ubereats (and I've debated it for a while but the 30% mark-up really doesn't seem fair to businesses). If you go into the store, they take cash or debit only. 
500mL Gelato tub with two flavours $11.95

2/3 Pistachio gelato and 1/3 Rocky Rocher
I love their candied pistachio flavour (Sicilian pistachio). It's creamy, smooth, super saturated with pistachio flavour and just so delicious! This was my first time trying the rocky rocher flavour which was supposed to be similar to ferrero rocher and it did taste somewhat similar. While it was good, I think I'd try another flavour next time.

November 23, 2018
This is my favourite gelato place in Toronto! Unfortunately, it's a little hard to get to unless you have a car since it's on Bayview south of Eglinton. 
They used to have two pistachio flavours - one real pistachio flavour and one candied pistachio flavour. (My favourite was the candied pistachio)

Pistachio and Hazelnut gelato $5.95
It's been a while, but I got my old favourites to see if they stood up to the test of time (and my ever changing tastes). The pistachio is still AMAZING with tons of pistachio flavour in a rich and creamy gelato! For the hazelnut gelato though, I think I've been spoiled by the hazelnut gelato I had at Eataly because this one couldn't compare to that hazelnut. 
Still my favourite gelato place in Toronto though! 




No comments:

Post a Comment