Wednesday 20 January 2021

Starbucks Canada Menu options

Jan 20, 2021

As a huge pistachio flavour lover, I was super excited to see that Starbucks was introducing a pistachio latte in Canada (FINALLY! Is the pistachio craze starting in Canada? I'm still upset about the lack of pistachio ice cream options)
Grande Pistachio latte $5.45 (2 shots of pistachio syrup, regular brown sugar topping)
Drink was okay, but it didn't have as strong a pistachio flavour as I would have liked (I guess two pumps of syrup/sugar isn't enough, but I really didn't want a super sweet drink). It actually had a stronger brown sugar and nutty flavour than pistachio flavour, but it did smell like pistachio when you whiffed the drink. 

Overall: Not super impressed, might need to try it again and see. 

Aug 11, 2020 @ 861 York Mills Road
Another week of Starbucks BOGO happy hour!
Star drink and Iced Almond Honey Flat White

Unfortunately, they messed up both my orders - I ordered a Star Drink, but I got a kiwi lemonade version instead of the kiwi starfruit refresher with the coconut beverage and the almond honey flat white was made with blonde coffee instead of their regular coffee. (I complained to Starbucks customer service and they refunded me my money - which was really nice). 
The kiwi starfruit lemonade was sour and sweet - but definitely not what I wanted. 
The almond honey flat white was pretty good even though it was made using the blonde roast (which is lighter and more mellow in flavour), but I think it would have tasted better with a bit of bitterness from the regular roast and it would have paired better with the sweet almond milk. 

Aug 6, 2020 @ 861 York Mills Road
Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade and Iced Guava Passionfruit Drink
Starbucks has BOGO from 2-7pm, so I mobile ordered in advance and went to pick up my drinks. The line up wasn't very long and my drinks were made pretty quickly, so it was an easy 30 second pick up. The iced guava passionfruit drink was really good (and it had the delicious coconut beverage as well) - it is on the sweeter side, but the flavours were great (smooth pineapple and ginger flavour - more pineapple than ginger). 
The peach green tea lemonade was kinda weird in my opinion - the lemonade is on the sour side and the peach green tea was sweeter - but it kind of tasted bitter altogether. I wouldn't get the peach green tea lemonade in the future (and I might just avoid the lemonade). It did get better the longer it sat and the ice melted, but it still wasn't to my taste. 

June 29, 2020 @ 661 University Ave.
Strawberry Coconut drink
I like the coconut beverage and I think this drink was a lot more refreshing with a slightly muted acai berry flavour. The strawberries were frozen solid though. 

June 18, 2020 @ Shops at Don Mills


Starbucks has buy one get one free from 2 - 7pm on all their drinks. With Covid concerns, I thought I'd order ahead through mobile order and arrive just to pick up my drink. Unfortunately, the social distancing and line-up situation was not great. There was a line-up in the store, outside the store and a semi-separate mobile order line-up (which took about 15 minutes); however, once you entered into the store, there were just social distancing circles drawn on the ground for people to wait inside, but no real "line-up" for drinks. My order kind of sat behind the counter for a while, but I had to figure out a way to navigate around the circles and point it out to the busy barista. 
Left to Right: Dragon Drink and Mango Dragon fruit Refresher
The dragon drink was made with a coconut beverage which was quite sweet and kind of muted the stronger flavour of the mango dragon fruit flavour. The drink was still okay though. The mango dragon fruit refresher was sweet and the flavours were much more prominent and sharper in this drink with the berries and mango coming out more. 

April 4, 2018 @ 8 Wellesley Street E
Redeemed my Starbucks stars for a Thai Chicken Wrap with peanut sauce
It looks like half a wrap, but it's actually pretty filling. I would highly recommend that you eat it with the peanut sauce cause it makes it taste better. 

Matcha Blossoming Rose Tea Latte

I'm super happy that Starbucks rolled out the blossoming rose tea latte in Canada first! The blossoming rose tea latte is delicious! I love the rose and hibiscus crystals on top - they're sweet and fragrant without being overpowering. The rose water flavour is evident in the tea too - but it's not too strong. I didn't really love the matcha - so I might try the black tea or rooibos going forward.
Update: my go-to drink now is the rooibos blossoming rose tea latte (bonus: it doesn't have caffeine which makes it a perfect afternoon drink)

May 26, 2017 @ 37 Grosvenor Street

Quiche
I'm glad this was a reward redemption for getting 125 stars at Starbucks because this would not be worth the $6.95 it costs at regular price. It was okay - but you can get entire 9 inch quiche pies at grocery stores or you can make your own quiche (or multiple quiches) for the same amount of money. 


November 17, 2016 
I love my sweets and I adore Nanaimo Bars! (I'm so glad it's a Canadian dessert, but I'm sad that I can't always find them in the bakeries I go to). I was pretty excited when I saw that they were being offered at Starbucks - so I had to get one.

It was pretty good. The custard flavoured butter icing was decent and the chocolate layer on top was good. The crumb based layer was great too. The only downside was the pricing on this - for such a small square - I can't believe they charged me around $3. 

March 17, 2016 @ 37 Grosvenor Street
My Starbucks rewards were adding up faster with my Gold Status.  I earned enough points to get another freebie and my coworker recommended that I try the Zesty Chicken and Black Bean Salad. 
I still can't believe this retails for about $10 (with tax)
My tossed salad
I loved the zesty marinara dressing and the quinoa. Quinoa is delicious and it's a filling grain. The chicken was a little harder to pick out from this salad (but I found out that all the tiny chicken pieces fell to the bottom of the salad when I was tossing it).  The salad is on the tinier side (the bigger box is deceiving), but it can fill you up for a while and it's probably the best freebie you can get at Starbucks!

February 18, 2016
When I was purchasing this, a few things crossed my mind: 
1) They're not so good at the savoury items...maybe their pastries will be better
2) What's the biggest pastry I can get so I can fill up faster? 
3) Why is there so much sugar on this? (is this Diabetes waiting to happen?)

Morning Bun
It's basically a bun with lots of sugar and cinnamon - the Starbucks version of a cinnamon bun  without the icing and without those doughy layers or a honey bun with cinnamon added in (since it was kinda fried). Super sweet - as I expected I guess. 



Breakfast sandwich with double smoked bacon, cheddar and egg
I like the croissant bun, but again - a lot more bread than actual bacon, cheddar and egg.  The proportions are all wrong.  I had the ham, egg and Swiss cheese breakfast sandwich on another day and I liked that one a lot better.

August 7, 2015 @ 47 Charles Street W


Starbucks has been offering food for a while now, but I just haven't really gotten around to trying it even though I've reached Gold Star status for a while now. 
I decided to use my next freebie to check out the BBQ Brisket Sandwich:
Unfortunately, the sandwich turned out a little sad...there was some beef brisket, but it was more bread than anything else.  I would definitely not pay $7 for this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment