Tuesday 12 January 2021

Real Fruit Bubble Tea

Jan 12, 2021

I'm kind of determined to find a hot tea I would enjoy at Real Fruit, but so far I haven't been that successful. Here's another attempt:
Original Milk Tea & Lychee Green Tea ($5.07 for two because of BOGO)
Original milk tea without sugar: Tasted like black tea mostly with a dash of milk. It had a pretty strong black tea flavour but it was kind of boring like a normal black tea you could make at home with a tea bag (I wouldn't pay $5 for this again).
Lychee green tea (could not change sugar level other than requesting minimal sugar): Tasted like lychee juice with green tea and sour. When these two are combined hot rather than cold, the combination is actually kind of terrible. 
Overall: I think I've given this a shot, and can safely say that there's nothing hot that I would order from here other than the oolong (with less milk and/or water)

Jan 10, 2021

I thought I'd try some of the other hot drinks during Real Fruit's BOGO promotion (since the oolong and matcha didn't work out that well)
Hot Taro Almond Milk tea and Hot Almond Milk Tea ($6.77 for both with tax)
The hot taro almond milk tea was made with taro and almond powder mixed with a super bland milk tea (maybe made with a tea bag? the flavour wasn't consistent). It wasn't very good, especially since the almond powder was super strong and pretty sweet and it completely overpowered the taro flavour. Unfortunate, that it didn't work out because taro almond used to be one of my favourite flavour combinations (maybe the 0% sugar also didn't help? but I cut out sugar from milk tea in my diet). 
The hot almond milk tea was awful; the powder was super sweet and had a strange aftertaste that you could distinctly tell when it was just the almond flavour. It tasted more like almond milk than tea. 
I guess the only drink that's good here is the Mango Diamond Slush. 

Dec 26, 2020 @ Shops at Don Mills

Matcha Milk Tea
The most prominent flavour in this was the cream rather than the matcha as there was way too much milk/cream in the drink (and not enough matcha powder except to make it green). 

Dec 19, 2020 @ Shops at Don Mills

Real Fruit still has their BOGO hot drinks promotion - have to get my fill of their oolong tea before it gets more expensive! 
Oolong Milk Tea $4.59
Very milky oolong tea, but it had a stronger oolong flavour than the Yi Fang oolong tea (might just be this location though). The milk did water it down quite a bit, but they also gave me a lot of tea that was filled to the brim in the cup. 

October 27, 2020 @ Victoria Terrace Shopping Plaza

I came to try the oolong and the matcha tea for the BOGO promotion. 
Matcha
The matcha had a nice strong matcha flavour, but sadly it was nowhere near the same level of matcha quality as Cheese Garden's matcha that I had recently. It was also super watery without much milk to balance it. 
The oolong was also super watery and there wasn't a lot of milk tea flavour, but a heavier oolong flavour from just the tea and water - so it wasn't really mixed well (unless I was just ordering an oolong tea with a dash of milk).
Overall, their drinks weren't very good here - they were all super watery and I probably wouldn't order from here again. 

October 24, 2020 @ Shops at Don Mills

I haven't had Real Fruit Bubble Tea in a really long time and they were running a buy one get one (BOGO) promotion for their hot teas.

I decided to order on Skip the Dishes, which had it for $5.59 for two as opposed to $4.99 in-store, but I also had a free $5 off coupon, so it came out to $1.32 with tax if I went to pick up. Unfortunately, I could only buy two of the same drink to get the bogo deal. 

Medium oolong milk tea
One was less sweet and one had no sweetness. The less sweet drink was still really sweet in my opinion (but I've started drinking a lot of my drinks without added sugar - so I might not have been used to it either). The medium was actually quite a large size, especially compared to other drink sizes I've seen. The oolong had a nice flavour, it wasn't super strong, but it was on the milky side with more milk than tea. I think I would still prefer the Chatime version though. 

June 16, 2018 @ Chartwell Mall
Scarborough Bluffs



Mango Diamond Slush
Super refreshing with ripe mangoes and icy cold slush - this might be my drink of the summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment