Thursday 5 November 2020

Craig's Cookies

Nov 5, 2020 @ 1581 Bayview Ave.
Super excited they opened a Craig's Cookies in Midtown Toronto! The more central location makes for an easier trip than going downtown. 
$16 for 6 cookies
At around 6pm, there were about 3 people in line already and the line moved super slow. The selection was also quite different from downtown and there weren't as many varieties here (or maybe it was the time of night)
Clockwise from top left: Glossette Raisins, Bounty, Shortbread, Trail Mix, Brookside Blueberry and Brownie
All cookies here had a salty buttery batter, which basically made all the cookies really weird - they didn't taste like the ones made at Church Street. So I was pretty disappointed with the cookies here.
Glossette raisins: This was one of the better cookies in the batch with a soft and buttery texture and sticky chocolatey raisins. 
Bounty: Salty was my first impression and very different from the ones downtown. I really liked this cookie before at the Church location, but the salty cookie paired with the hard and unmelted bounty bar was rather disappointing. 
Shortbread: The shortbread had chocolate in the middle which was unexpected and kind of nice, but the texture combination was strange because the short bread was hard and crumbly and the chocolate chip cookie outside wasn't that soft either. The double cookie sensation was too odd for me and while it was salty, it wasn't as salty as the rest. 
Trail mix: Salty and sweet with a pretty good cookie, but it wasn't as buttery as usual. 
Brookside blueberry : Super sweet and sticky with the chocolate blueberry. I found it too sweet and not a good pairing in general since the chocolate was super sweet and the cookie was salty. 
Brownie: Another really sweet combination which was even more pronounced with the salty hard cookie. I also found the taste was a bit off since it seemed like the chocolate chip brownies were overbaked and slightly old.
This location is relatively new, so they could be figuring out their recipes, but I think it'll be a long time before I come back. 

June 29, 2020 @ 483 Church Street
I was super lucky this time! There was no line-up to get into Craig's Cookies and they had so many varieties that it made for a great selection. 

Dozen cookies

Clockwise from top left: pop tart, cookies and cream, Nutella, cheesecake, Rice Krispies and mini egg in the middle
The pop tart cookie was a delicious buttery cookie baked with a strawberry pop tart in the middle. I found it really good! I liked that it was different and it was sweet and delicious with jam and the pastry crust.
I was surprised that the cookies and cream cookie had the Hershey's cookies and cream bar inside! I could taste the crunchy cookie bits and I really liked that it wasn't as super sweet as the candy bar.
I also really liked the Nutella cookie, it had a little bit of salt to balance it out and definitely stood out as something different from the sweet cookies. 
The cheesecake in the cheesecake cookie was unexpectedly fluffy, but it didn't have the classic cheesecake crust though: just fluffy sweetened cheese.
I also really liked the rice krispie cookie with a whole chunk of melty marshmallow rice krispy square in the middle. I thought the chewy rice krispy worked well with the buttery cookie.
I really love the mini egg cookie, so I got two this time around. Mini egg chocolates and chocolate chips baked in a yummy buttery cookie - what more could you ask for?

Clockwise from top left: cinnamon bun, mini egg, peppermint patty, PB cup, brownie, Reese's pieces in the middle
The cinnamon bun cookie was super distinctive since it was the biggest cookie in the box and it was also super obvious that it was placed in the middle of the cookie. The cinnamon bun was pretty good (even though it didn't have icing), but it felt like it was a cinnamon bun rather than a cookie. 
The peppermint patty and Reese's pieces are some of my favourite cookies here, so I had to get it again. 
I thought the PB cup was going to be a Reese's peanut butter cup, but it wasn't! Instead it was a different recipe that tasted similar (having the same main ingredients of peanut butter and chocolate), but it wasn't as sweet and it was more salty which made the cookie salty and sweet. 
The brownie cookie was really good - just pure sweet and yummy baked brownies in a cookie (not really fudgy though). 

May 29, 2020 @ 483 Church Street
I've heard so much about Craig's Cookies and when they were featured on BlogTo a few times over the last few months, I've really been craving their mini egg cookie.
Box of Dozen Cookies $28

Clockwise from top left: Mr. Big, Mini Egg, Cookies and Cream, Reese's Pieces (middle), M&Ms, Mars

Crispy Crunch, Bueno, Bounty, Peppermint Patty
The cookies were all so GOOD! It was super hot outside, so the cookies melted a little faster (especially those with chocolate), but they maintained their shape and flavours pretty well. 

The mini egg cookie was everything I wanted (and I got the very last one they had at the time). Crispy mini egg chocolates baked into a yummy buttery cookie made it perfect! 
Some other highlights of the dozen were the peppermint patty with the minty fresh dark chocolate inside, bounty with coconut and milk chocolate bar baked in the middle and Mr. Big with wafer, caramel, peanuts and rice crisps and chocolate - the Mr. Big was a nice combination of salty and sweet. 

The Reese's pieces and M&Ms were really colourful and fun! I liked the Reese's Pieces better with the peanut butter flavour.  The cookies and cream, Mars bar and Crispy Crunch were on the sweet side and had lots of buttery cookie. I thought I'd like the Bueno a lot more since I like the Bueno bars, but I found that in comparison with the other cookies, the two stacked Bueno bars baked in the middle weren't as interesting. 

Website: https://craigscookies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment