Sunday 1 November 2020

Marjo Bakery

I was looking for a pistachio cake bakery and found Marjo Bakery through Yelp and Google. It's kinda interesting since I've been to this plaza many times for Family Shawarma, but I never noticed this bakery at the end of the strip mall. 
Beef empanada $2.99
I was quite intrigued by the mix of cakes and empanadas and I really wanted to try them (even though I was rather full from lunch), so I got one. It's quite sizable with a packed with beef filling and a nice soft crust in the middle and a harder crust on the outside - very yummy! 

Ferrero Rocher Cake and Pistachio Chocolate Cake ($3.49 each)
OMG I couldn't believe how cheap these cakes were! Especially considering how beautiful they looked and their sizes and everything - comparable cakes in Toronto usually go for around $5-8 depending on the bakery and neighbourhood - so I thought these were a bargain (especially the beautiful chocolate art on the ferrero rocher cake and I couldn't believe I found a pistachio cake for under $5)
The Ferrero cake was gorgeous and caught my eye right away with the colourful chocolate outside shell and inside it had this nice and fluffy hazelnut and chocolate mousse. I also liked that the cake had small crunchy bits around the outside which I thought was a pie crust at first, but then realized it was a thin chocolate cake layer. Yummy and so pretty! 
Pistachio chocolate cake had a layer of pistachio mousse and chocolate mousse on a light chocolate cake with a glaze on top. The pistachio and chocolate mousses were both pretty good, but the flavours weren't as strong as some of the others I've had (like Dessert Lady) but good flavour regardless and mousse was light and fluffy and the price totally sold me on the cake (especially for $3.49)!
I would definitely come back here and try some of their other cakes! 

Website: https://www.marjobakery.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment